Super Punk Games
Based in Nottingham, UK
22nd June, 2016
An evocative voyage of creativity, discovery and terror. The Last Leviathan is a physics-based, ship building and destruction game. You construct battle ships to crush your adversaries and massacre the monsters you encounter around the ancient seas of Middenhir. On your voyage to uncover where The Last Leviathan lies you will discover a world full of rival ships, mythical monsters, wrecked flotsam, physics-puzzles and hidden treasures.
The Last Leviathan is the brain child of Rik and Steve after a couple of weeks sitting in a room thinking up many different game designs around Easter time 2015. We want games made by Super Punk Games to always have a strong creative aspect to them, encourage emergent gameplay and allow the player the freedom to be unpredictable, and also just be jaw droppingly good! The Last Leviathan fit that description, and we're really pleased with the way it's shaping up.
- Build Ships: With blocks bought, found or plundered, you’ll craft boats capable of conquering pirates, out manoeuvring racing ships, disintegrating towers high on the coastal hills and solving mysteries.
- Naval Encounters: Across the busy seas of Middenhir you’ll encounter many ships from clans far and wide. Some will be friendly and want to trade, others are looking for blood and booty - Yours!
- Battling Monsters: Some say these behemoths are the descendants of The Last Leviathan, others just refuse to accept that they exist. Once you’ve seen one on the horizon you’ll wonder how you ever thought of anything else. Monster battles will be the pinnacle of your experience in The Last Leviathan. You’ll need to analyse the monster’s weaknesses, craft bigger weapons, build a specialised ship and then release the dogs of war with true, commanding skill.
- We plan on releasing a limited set of polished features for both Battle Seas and Creative modes into Early Access on 22nd June, 2016. Voyage mode and Real-time multiplayer will be developed during Early Access.
- It goes boom a lot!
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "Not yet, but you can nominate us if you like" At some point soon!
- "The Last Leviathan is one of the more ambitious Steam Greenlight games I’ve seen."
- Nathan Grayson, Kotaku Steamed
Request Press Copy
Please fill in your e-mail address below to complete a distribute() request and we'll get back to you as soon as a press copy is available for you.
The Last Leviathan - IndieDB
Check out TLL on IndieDB indiedb.com.
About Super Punk Games
Super Punk Games is small independent game developer with big ideas. We've worked hard over the years bringing other people's games to life, and loved every minute of it, and now we're putting all that experience into our own titles too. We are currently extremely busy developing our first title ‘The Last Leviathan‘ which we are loosely describing as an evocative voyage of creativity, discovery and terror. It has just been Greenlit with 86% Yes vote and we can't wait to put it out on Steam later this year.
More information on Super Punk Games, our logo & relevant media are available here.
The Last Leviathan Credits
Game Design, Game Director
Game Design, Creative Director
Lead Software Engineer
Senior Software Engineer
Senior Concept and Environment Artist
Environment and Technical Artist